Metalpharm products are entirely made in stainless steel AISI 304 grade scotch-brite finishing.
The distinctive characteristics of this material are:
- excellent resistance to corrision, preventing the release of harmful substances which might alter or damage the material or elements that are in contact;
- easy cleaning and sanitizing;
- resistance to most aggressive chemicals.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE OF STAINLESS STEEL SURFACES
The optimal maintenance of stainless steel surfaces requires the adoption of warnings and the need to follow some guidelines during routine cleaning and treatment of elements to ensure the durability and longevity of our professional products.
Metalpharm recommends all operators to follow the guidelines below and make a proper and effective cleaning of stainless steel:
- To remove fingerprints and other marks from surfaces, soapy water or a mild detergent are usually safe and successful, for example with glass cleaners too.
- For more stubborn stains, mild household cream cleansers should be effective. Specific products for stainless steel on the market are useful. Please, strictly avoid using abrasive pads that can damage the surfaces, causing the release of deposits of steel carbon that may contaminate the stainless steel and cause rust points.
If necessary, use nylon pads "Scotch-Brite" type, following the direction of the satin-finishing stainless steel surface.
- Do not use any product based on hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, hydrofluoric acid (present in the bleach and such) and muriatic acid, products for silver cleaning and such that can determine principles of corrosion if they aren't deeply and immediately and rinsed.
These acids, and even just their fumes (emanating from the belach for example) can affect the natural sheen of steel.
- Do not use any metal object to removal of residues from surfaces.
- Avoid any contact of stainless steel items with iron elements, other metals or other non-stainless steels.